On loom finishing
Woven Textile Pathway Leader: BA (Hons) Textile Design- Central Saint Martins
Philippa's research interests lie in industrial weaving loom experimentation which includes investigation into ‘on loom’ finishing techniques using unusual yarn and structure interactions whilst weaving. This results in minimal finishing to the cloth post weaving. Philippa's investigations have produced both 2D - 3D and sustainable outcomes, and have contributed to the research and development of concept fabrics.
Philippa is also interested in smart/e-textiles and science and design collaborations. All of her research and development projects use process led research methods, with an emphasis on recording and analysing all documentation of the processes explored and final outcomes reached.
- /Group Exhibition: Weaving Mythologies in Design and Art, The Fashion Gallery at the Institute of Textiles & Clothing, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, 25/02/13 – 26/04/13.
- /Commissioned Contributor: Textile Forum journal, 5/2013.
- /Chair & Speaker: Stroud International Textiles Weaving Now & Future symposium, 5/2013.
- /Solo Exhibition: Montreal Centre for Contemporary Textiles, Canada ‘2D-3D’, 10-11/2012.
- /‘The Houndstooth Project’ A textile research atelier. Founded in 2011 by Philippa Brock & Jo Pierce as a digital/analogue cross -disciplinary, collaborative textile & materials research & development unit.
- /Digital jacquard works from ‘Self Fold’ & X-Form’ series to be featured in a new Thames & Hudson book to be launched 2014.